12 Ideas for how to be more proud of yourself
This post will help you to be proud of yourself.
What accomplishments, events, and things have you done that make you feel like you’ve accomplished something or grown as a person? What about yourself are you most proud of?
Today we are talking about 12 ways to be proud of yourself.
Listen to the Full Episode –
Is there anything in your day-to-day life that makes you feel good and proud of yourself? Listen to the episode and reflect on what about yourself are you most proud of:
There are many things to be proud of yourself for – big and small.
12 Ways to Be Proud of Yourself (Examples)
- You’ve been through hard times and you’ve learned from them. You can be proud that you have the strength to keep going.
- You’re kind and compassionate to others. You can be proud of the good you do for other people, even if it doesn’t go noticed.
- You work hard at everything you do. Your dedication and determination – whether it’s a job, hobby, or something else entirely is something to be proud of.
- Everyday you make sacrifices for the people and callings that mean the most to you. You can be proud of yourself for prioritizing and putting those dreams first.
- You practice gratitude everyday and everyone around you feels uplifted because of it. Be proud that your attitude and outlook on life is a positive one.
- Even when life gets busy, you make time for things you love. You can be proud of your ability to prioritize things that make life good.
- You’re honest, even if it’s not the easiest thing to do or it means having difficult conversations.
- You take care of yourself by nourishing and moving your body. You can be proud that you’re taking good care of her.
- Your family is extremely important to you – and they know it! You can be proud of the ways you show your love to them.
- You’re able to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously. You can be proud that you know how important it is to have fun in life!
- You’ve taken risks that have changed the direction of your life for the better.
- You’ve been able to forgive others, and yourself. This is an admirable quality that takes a lot of strength.
There are undoubtedly many more things you could add to this list – but these 12 give you a good place to start.
Benefits of of being proud of yourself
When you’re proud of yourself, it shows in your attitude and the way you carry yourself. People can sense when you have a good self-image, and they’re drawn to it. When you’re proud of yourself, you radiate confidence and happiness.
Being proud of yourself has many benefits, it:
- boosts your self-confidence and self-esteem, which makes you feel good about yourself and helps you feel more confident in your abilities.
- increases your morale and encourages you to do more things that make you happy.
- attracts positive people and situations into your life.
- gives you a sense of accomplishment and strengthens your resolve to achieve even more
Think about the moments in life when you’ve been most proud of yourself, or when someone else has been proud of you – how do you feel in those moments?
This may be my enneagram 3 talking, but those moments feel SO GOOD.
You are the only ‘YOU’ in this world, and you will never be someone else. I find this to be one of my favorite, most sobering thoughts. Yes! It’s true, I am me, and I will never be anyone else, so what story do I want to tell about myself? What story do I want to be told of me?
In Aligned Coaching, we have a new course called The Woman Within and in it, we’re rewriting our stories for the direction we want them to go.
We’re absorbing a growth mindset and talking about how to live from a place of your potential rather than your current circumstances.
Someone who lives from their potential may:
- Fail and get back up again.
- Say YES before they feel prepared.
- Take a risk and not know what the outcome will be.
- Know their worth, and not let anyone else tell them otherwise.
- Believe that they are enough, just as they are.
When you can look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am proud of you,” your entire being lights up because you’ve affirmed yourself.
You are WORTHY of your own love and respect.
So go ahead and give yourself some credit where it’s due! Give your past self (and present one, and future self!) the HUGE soul hug she deserves for all her hard work.
Take some time to think about what makes you feel good and if you want someone to walk alongside you as you grow into a woman who you are daily proud of, come join me in Aligned Coaching.
A transformative program for those who want more than just a podcast episode.
The first step to become the woman you’ve always wanted is joining us today. In this program you will:
- Apply a growth mindset and live from this place daily. Instead of comparison, you will unleash the woman within you, and live from a place of “if someone else can do it, I can too”
- Love yourself as if you were your own daughter, sister, or best friend. Give yourself permission to say YES before you feel ready.
- Rewrite the story of who YOU are and what YOUR life looks like! You will live from your potential, believe in yourself more, and step into the woman you want to be.
If you want to experience more calm, peace, joy and fulfillment, come join us in Aligned Coaching today to start living from your potential!
Mentioned in this Episode on Ways to Be Proud of Yourself:
- Book I enjoyed this year: The Way of Integrity, Martha Beck
- Quote I LOVE: “Never let anyone treat you the way you would never treat anyone else.” (The golden rule backwards)
- Sign up for the free training: Becoming the Woman You Want to Be
- Connect on Instagram: @paigeschmidt
- Want to work with me? Start Aligned Coaching today.