Yea… I just said ALL of that… THIS rice recipe is sooooo good!
Last Sunday, I was having a “throw anything we have left together” kinda day. I mean, did you see our fridge?
Here’s what you need to have leftover in your house for this recipe:
- brown rice
- chicken broth
- parmesan cheese (shredded)
- a can of black beans
To make it:
- grab a large pot, good for cooking rice
- bring 2 cups of liquid to a boil (I used half water, half chicken broth)
- add in 1 cup of brown rice
- while that’s cooking, rinse and drain one can of black beans
- when the rice is done, add in the black beans, 2 T. of pesto, and a handful of parmesan cheese
- mix it all together and enjoy as a side or main dish!
If you’re having it as a main dish, add pico de gallo, extra chopped tomatoes, and fresh squeeze LIME on top… SOOOO yummy. I’m smiling just thinking about it!
I hope you love this recipe! Let me know 🙂
OH! And before I go… Simi & I released a brand new guide for you today! Don’t miss it!
“I find it so hard to focus on enjoying/noticing my food when I’m eating around others, and I usually just chat right past my fullness indicators. It’s so easy to just stop eating when everyone else does, instead of when I’m comfortably full.”
Relate? DEFINITELY don’t miss this one 🙂
xo, your coach