We all know what it feels like when we’re prioritizing ourselves, our health, and we’re feeling happy. When you know what you want, but are not doing it, it takes a toll. You feel more irritable, life feels like more of a slog, and you feel confused about how to feel better.
On the flip side, when you know how you want to feel and you take ownership of this and decide to make feeling that way a priority, and then you follow-through on the steps you set up for yourself, you feel so GOOD. You feel your confidence and mental clarity expand. You’re more patient because you’re happier within yourself.
I even find that when I am prioritizing myself and feeling good I’m KINDER to those around me, especially those closest to me. Why? Because when I’m happy within myself I’m less attached to controlling how others are showing up or acting. I can more easily love them for who they are. This feels SO good.
I love how I feel when I’m prioritizing my own health and feeling good. I love feeling good. You too? Here are a few things to think about to help you step into a season of FEELING GOOD:
- When you want to get into alignment with the woman you want to be, spend more time focusing on what you’re moving toward and LESS time (or no time) on what you’re moving AWAY from
- If what you’re not going to do takes up too much of your attention, you will often steer straight towards it (whoops!)
- In order to become a new version of you, you have to let the old version go; growth means letting go of seeing yourself in old ways
A couple of Bible verses that I’m inspired by right now as I grow:
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:7
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
- Takeaways: When you’re a NEW creation, the old GOES away. Self-control is a FRUIT. Think about how good you feel when you set out to do something and then you follow through. That is self-control.
Imagine how good it would feel to know who you want to be and how you want to show up, and then to do it day in and day out. How much nicer would you be toward family? With increased energy how much more fun would you have? With increased satisfaction in how life is going, how much more patient would you be?
In Aligned Coaching, on February 14 (Valentine’s Day!) we’re starting a new path called The Aligned Woman. For 90-days each woman will have her focus on who she is becoming within those 90-days and she’ll have coaching and weekly lessons to help her become her.
If you’d like to join us, we’d love to have you!