Health Coaching | What Do You Do?
Motivate. Encourage. Accomplish.
Today I want to take an honest look at what I do as a Health Coach, and how I can help you. You can get a glimpse at what I do in my Work With Paige, Page (oh man, that’s confusing)… but today, in this post, we’re going to dive in so hopefully you’re left will all of your questions answered.
In this post, we will cover:
- What a “Health Coach” is
- What I personally specialize in
- The anxiety behind asking for a Coach (it’s normal, and it’s okay)
- The intimacy of it all
- What a “6-Month Program” with me looks like
- How to know if Health Coaching is right for you
- What my Clients think of me as a Coach
What is a Health Coach?
This is the golden question, and I get it all the time.
“What do you do, Paige?”
“I am a Health Coach.”
Well, the Integrative Nutrition Definition of a Health Coach is:
Health Coaching is a process in which a Health Coach guides a Client to reach his or her health goals by making step-by-step changes to his or her diet and lifestyle. The Client learns about new, healthy foods and the concept of primary foods: relationships, physical activity, career, and spirituality. The Health Coach works with the client to set goals to gradually incorporate and improve primary and secondary foods into the clients life. Health Coaching is completely focused on the client-where the client is and where he or she wants to go with his or her health and life. The Health Coach acts as a guide, helping the client to gain control and responsibility for his or her health.
So, there you go. That’s “what a Health Coach is.” But what about me, what do I specialize in? Well, let me tell you.
What I personally specialize in:
- Working with Young Women between the ages of 18-35.
- Finding deep freedom in your life
- Helping you release the emotional attachment you have to food – do you turn to food when you’re stressed, anxious, bored, lonely?
- Helping you to end the vicious cycle of dieting:
desire to be thin –> dieting –> cravings –> reduced self-control –> loss of control –> overeating –> regain of lost weight –> desire to be thin –> dieting… and the cycle continues all over again.
- Guiding you to live your life with joy, and helping you to find out what that means for you.
- Helping you focus less on food, and more on the things that are important – those things in life that you don’t want to miss. Those things that just maybe you have a hard time focusing on right now, because you’re always thinking about your next meal, or how bad you just ate.
My clients have told me before, “Paige, you’re really more like a Life Coach, with an emphasis on Health.” I love this. I love that I am able to help people change their health, & take charge of their lives, and at the same time, provide them a space to talk about whatever they need. The 50-minute Sessions you get with me every two weeks are such a powerful time to talk through things. You will discover so much about yourself through my Program, and you don’t need to be afraid.
The anxiety in asking for a Coach.
To be honest with you, this is an area that I was not expecting when I started Health Coaching. I had never thought about how hard it might be to ask for help. I began to notice this when I started getting emails saying “I finally stirred up the courage to write you.” Or, “I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, and I think I’m ready to ask you for help.”
Personally, I’ve always been super open with my health. When I started Coaching, I kind of just figured everyone was the same. I came to realize, first of all, not everyone is that open, plus, being open is not even the hardest part for most people. The hardest part is asking for help.
We are somehow trained to believe that when we ask for help, we’re saying we give up. Maybe we feel like we can’t do it ourselves, but ladies… asking for help does not mean you’re giving up. Through asking for help, you are taking charge. You are giving yourself an incredible gift! You’re saying “I am ready to move forward. I am ready to be set free.”
Please, if just asking is the hardest part for you, do not be afraid. I promise you, I’m here to help. I’m in this, because I want to find, and help YOU. I’m so easy to approach, and you have nothing to be nervous about.
The intimacy of it all.
Ladies, Health Coaching is a relationship. Throughout your 6-months of Coaching, you and I will become so close. We are a team, in it together. I am there to support you, and move you forward. I am there to help you overcome those road blocks that stop you from reaching your full potential.
You also have the opportunity to join the private online community of other women that I Health Coach. This is entirely optional, but the chance for a community to come along side you is also there.
The “6-month Program.”
I bet you’re wondering, “what is a 6-month Program? What does that mean?” All this means is that you are commented to being Coached for a period of 6-months. There is the option to renew at the end of the 6-months, if you feel like you want to keep going. Some women grow so much in their first 6-months, that they feel they deserve a second round. Others feel entirely ready to be off on their own, and that’s great too! Your Program is entirely personal to your needs.
The logistics are the Program are this:
- 12 Private 50-minute Sessions with me (every other week)
- A Follow-up after each Session, with recommendations included
- Free email support, and texting as needed
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Resources for your very own Health Coaching Binder
Is Health Coaching Right for You?
Health Coaching is for you if:
- You want to stop dieting for good
- You want to get to your natural weight
- You need help letting go of the scale
- You want to feel normal again
- You want to stop emotional eating
- You want to be able to listen to your body
- You want to be able to just have 2 bites of chocolate and be okay
- You want to be able to stop when you’re full
- You are ready to answer some tough questions to help you breakthrough
- You are ready for change
- You are ready to commit, and take charge of your health
- You want to have someone along side you as you make changes
- You want guidance in making change
If you can relate to 3 or more of the above, Health Coaching is probably for you.
In order to get a spot in my Program, you first have to schedule a Consultation with me, which you can do by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will talk on the phone for about 30-minutes and decide if we are fit to work with one another.
Hear it from my Clients!
The most comforting way to know if Coaching is for you, is to hear it straight from my Clients through their testimonials.
Alright ladies, I hope this was helpful for you, and answered all of your Questions around Health Coaching. If it did not, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.