In my Health Coaching Program, one thing I often get asked is “how do I eat healthy when I’m away from home all day?” Hey ladies, I can relate! You can do it!
Here are my main tips:
- Get a great lunchpail
- Get great tupperware
- Get a Blender Bottle
- Prepare the night before if you have a tight morning
- Think simply! Don’t over work yourself with crazy recipes
In the morning, I always make a Green Smoothie. Whether I have it for breakfast, or later in the day is up to me. I use my Blender Bottle to take smoothies with me. Once my smoothie is gone, I fill it up with water for the rest of the day.
Pack enough food for options!
In yesterdays lunch I packed:
- Lentils & bruschetta with half an avocado
- A coconut Larabar
- Just Mango slices
- Organic Hummus w/ Organic raw broccoli
- Trail mix
- Green smoothie
- Apple & Peanut butter (not pictured- packed it after the photo, whoops!)
Did I eat all of this? No. BUT, I had options to choose from between 8am and 4:30pm
When I got home from my busy day, I had to continue working in my Office until 8pm. When I got a break, I heated up some lentil soup and added another half an avo to the top. Perfect!
I eat every 2-3 hours and I always choose something small and healthy. This keeps me satisfied and comfortable all day.
Today I packed even more, because I’m going to be gone from 10am-10pm. Yep!
- Coffee + almond milk and agave (I reuse my cups)
- Lentils + Bruschetta with half an avo
- Another half an avo
- Lentil soup leftover from the night before
- Trail mix
- Apple + PB (pb backed after the photo)
- Coconut Larabar
- Just mango slices
- Green Smoothie (for breakfast, not pictured)
- Salad with mandarin oranges and pine nuts + homemade dressing
I just bought this perfect lunchpail yesterday from Target. My other one finally ripped after being used daily for over a year (it was only $3.00 from TJ’s). I love this new one! I believe it was $12-$14 from Target… it has lots of room, it’s double insulated, and with a good icepack my food stays cool for the whole day 🙂
What are your favorite things to pack for a long day at work?