Intuitive Eating Day
Good morning everyone!
So, you may be wondering – what is intuitive eating day? Well, it’s not a national listen to your body day or anything… but in the Healthy Hits Coaching Facebook Community, that day is today! Once of the things you are included in when you do Health Coaching with me is my Private Facebook Community. The girls are incredible, talk to one another, support each other, and seriously lift each other up. They’re so great! Today, we decided as a group to have an Inuitive Eating Day where each one of us fully listen to our body: what it wants to eat, how it wants to move, what it wants to do, what decisions it should make, etc.
Yesterday was an intuitive eating day for me. I really listened to my body, and it was great! I found that it took me so long to decide what I wanted for breakfast, because I knew I could have anything I wanted.
Here’s what I came up with. Toast with avocado + blueberries & raspberries. So yummy!
You might be thinking, ummm… this is healthy still? Yes! This is exactly what my body wanted. Since I knew I could have whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, my brain said “waffles? No…. you can have those anytime you want… you should wait until they sound good… pancakes? No… you can have those anytime you want… you should wait until they sound good…” See how that works?
These blueberries were fresh from the farmers market and full of flavor!
Breakfast was at about 9:30/9:00. Around 11:00, I wanted something more because I knew I wouldn’t be home until about 1:00 to fix lunch for Marco and I. So, I had a Peanut Butter Larabar.
After work, at about 11:30, I went and got myself a Manicure and Pedicure! Sure, I could have painted my nails and toes myself (and I kept feeling like I should) but I really wanted to treat myself. So, I did!
When I got home I started making lunch. I knew exactly what I wanted because I saw it in a magazine earlier that morning. A warm, toasty sandwich full of flavor!
While I was cooking this, I had a small Green Juice. Yep, this is Green Smoothie that was leftover from the day before in my fridge. I’m tempted to just call them Green Juices because they are so thin 😉
Our sandwiches consisted of:
- Ezekiel Bread
- Aioli Garlic Mustard
- Sauteed Onions
- Half a slice of Havarti on each – I cut one slice of cheese into four small triangles and lay them out like you see above – makes me feel like I am still having a full slice!
While that half was broiling, I put arugula on the other already toasted side. Yum!
With that, we had side salads that had:
- Spring Mix
- Organic Cucumber
- Dressing of Balsamic, Olive Oil, and Aioli Garlic Mustard
Dinner…. dinner was a bit of a mess up, but this is good! It’s the PRIME example of how you listen to your body. We went out to eat for my Dad’s Birthday. I don’t have any photos, because the photos, well…. they suck…. it was dark, and the flash made everything bright, ugly and blurry…
Here’s how the evening went –
- We got to the restaurant 40 minutes early.
- We sat in the bar area. I was going to order Vodka Soda with Lemon like I usually do, but my Mom wanted to share a Margarita on the rocks with me, so I decided I would enjoy sharing with her more.
- While we were waiting, they brought out the chip basket
- One thing I do recommend when eating something like chips, is remembering that if you’ve already had 10, 10, 20, or 30 more chips is not going to satisfy you any more. AKA, you will probably always want more. So just try and eat 10 chips as slowly as possible. Enjoy your friends. Enjoy your drink. Enjoy your water. Break the chips into smaller pieces, etc.
- No, I did not only eat 10 chips. I ate many more, and remembered this afterwards. It happens! Now I know for next time, and there was ZERO getting down on myself – just a full belly, that didn’t have room for dinner.
- Finally, we were seated, and they brought us more chips. Really? If you think you’re never going to have chips again, just envision a Mexican Restaurant and you’ll soon feel overwhelmed.
- For dinner, I was planning to split food with my Sister until we found out it was $5.00 to split. WHAT?! No thanks. So, I got my own food and figured I could just give the rest to Marco to take home.
- I got a tostada. Now, what do you think of when you think tostada? I think, shell with beans, meat, thinly shredded lettuce, maybe some salsa…. the norm. What did I get? A chicken salad. A large glass bowl with about 10 pinto beans on the bottom, a ton of romaine lettuce (not shredded), with four chicken tenders on top. What? I ended up packing it all to go for Marco to have for later. It didn’t sound good at all.
- SO, to eat intuitively, I tasted my Moms burrito, Marcos burrito, and a little bit of my Sisters plate. They all starred at my plate and said “That is not a tostada, here! have some of this!” and put bites their food on my plate. It was perfect – I got to taste everything 🙂
Okay guys and gals! I am off to get ready for Church. This morning, I am craving a Green Smoothie. Maybe because of all the salty chips last night?
Have a wonderful day, and listen to your body!