Starting With the End in Mind
What’s the first thing that you do when you open up the maps app in your phone?
You enter an address, right? Then you hit “Go.”
Then your phone tells you exactly how to get there and you follow along.
Noooone of this would happen had you not first entered where you wanted to go, correct?
It’s the same with direction for life.
We don’t have to know exactly where we’ll end up (I believe God’s will is sovereign no matter what), but it is helpful to know where we want to go.
If you were opening up the maps app for your life, what things would you enter for where you’d like to go? (What a fun game!)
Remember, you’re just entering where you want to go. YOU don’t have to come up with the exact steps to get there. Your phone is going to do that for you (so to speak).
Play this mental game with yourself and write down what you’d like…
If you want to take it a little further, you can add these things:
- When would you like to have it?
- With whom would you like to experience this with?
- What are you most excited about?
- Who can support you in making this happen?
- What might it look like when you do have it?
- Why is this important to you? What would having this thing do for you?
Getting crystal clear on what you want only makes it that much more likely to happen.
Start with the end in mind and write down what you want (there’s power in this intention!).