Overthinking leads to feeling anxious, stressed, and overwhelmed. It prevents us from enjoying life and pursuing our most meaningful goals. So how can we stop overthinking? We’re diving into this today. Don’t let overthinking hold you back. Find your happy today.
Listen to the Full Episode
Did you know you can still be considered a Joyful Person, even if you aren’t feeling joyous or happy 24/7?
The way I see it is, it’s a lot like when you get fitter and can catch your breath quicker after a workout. Your heart rate and breath still get up when doing cardio BUT the fitter you are, the quicker the time is that you can get your breathing back to normal. Being a Joyful Person is a lot like that: it’s okay to feel difficult emotions, but the difference between you and someone who isn’t choosing joy in their life is that you’ll have the skills to return to calm and joy quicker. You can always come back to those more pleasant feeling emotions and you know that.
Stressful moments are okay to have. That is part of the human experience for ALL humans. I encourage you in this week’s podcast episode (linked above) to peacefully hold space for all emotions and to try and not have self-judgment when you experience a difficult emotion.
Remember, all emotions are neutral and have no say on your worth! Emotions are guideposts and can tell us important information.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Ways to calm your mind when overthinking
- Why it’s okay to not be happy 24/7 as a Joyful Person
- How to crowd out overthinking
- Why it’s important to make space for hard emotions
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Meet your future self and borrow from her: free training here
- Sign up for the free lesson: 3-Secrets to Make Prioritizing Yourself Easier
- Connect with Paige on Instagram: @paigeschmidt
- Want to work with Paige? Start Aligned Coaching today.