Good-morning sweet-pea’s. Can I call you that? We’re friends, right? 🙂
Today I’ve got some great photos and yummy food inspo for you!
I’m categorizing this as a “lunch” food, but hey, have it for dinner too if you want a quick & easy.
All you need:
- a wrap – choices: olive oil whole wheat wraps from TJ’s; whole wheat flatbread (like pictured); or a big ol’ collard green.
- sauce(s) – choices: mayo; mustard; olive oil & vinegar (that’s this one); hummus; &/or salsa!
- main – choices: deli turkey, roast beef, chicken, or ham… Or: tofu; tuna; tempeh…
- cheese – choices: shredded pepper jack, jack, mozzarella, or a blend. If you don’t eat cheese, try avo slices!
- a fun veg – choices: onion, tomato, shredded carrots, cucumber…
- greens – choices: spinach; romaine; spring mix; butter-leaf; arugula; parsley; cilantro… Any!
Mmm-mmm-mmm that melted cheese and onion is the best!
- get out a metal tray that will fit in your itty bitty toaster oven
- lay your wrap on the tray & add sauce, turkey, onion, and then sprinkle the cheese on there
- if you’re using a lettuce wrap, only warm the meat/cheese/onion… not the lettuce 🙂
- broil until the cheese is yummy melted
- pull out of the toaster, set on a plate, and add greens & salsa (this is pico de gallo)
- add a fresh squeeze of lime on top if you’re feeling extra freshness
If you need sides:
- a side salad
- carrot sticks
- a handful of grapes
- or roasted broccoli with sea-salt & olive oil (hopefully this can be leftover from the night before for an even easier time at lunch).
I hope you SO enjoy this!
If you’re vegan, gluten-free, or vegetarian, OR anything else that I can’t think of… comment with your modification ideas below so we can all be satisfied. It would be so fun to see what everyone would build!
Will you make this? Let me know in the comments right HERE! I want to hear from you 🙂
xo, your coach