Good-morning all! Happy Thursday. Today started off with coffee, in bed, going through photos for this post with Marco and Abby. I literally could not picture a cozier morning.
These two. *Heart-thumping.*
Abby has something to say: “Before we dive into daily eats today, we want to remind you that these posts are NOT for comparison (if these posts are triggering for you in anyway, scroll THESE posts instead).”
Thanks, Abber’s. Great intro to help everyone feel safe around here!
I share my eats in hopes that you’d leave here today feeling inspired and full of PERMISSION to listen to YOUR BODY, as I listen to mine. I hope these posts fill you with the FAITH you need to let go of ALL food rules/control (just as I have!).
Breakfast: a GoMacro bar with coffee while I worked on the last daily eats post.
Lunch: leftover kale, potato and chicken sausage soup with parmesan cheese and half an avocado on top. Oh, and a little slab of butter because, FLAVOR.
Dinner: Tuesday night we went to Red Robin with our friend Bob. I got a turkey burger, fries and a garden salad with blue cheese. I sipped on hot water with lemon while we hung out. So good! Hit the spot.
Wednesday morning started of with 15 minutes of straightening up around the house, getting ready in 30, and then meeting my friend Nichole at Hub coffee to co-work. I started with a cappuccino.
So cozy with the snow outside!
Breakfast: After about 1.5 hours of working I ordered a meat quiche (looks burned, but you guys… this is the BEST quiche you’ve ever had) and a black coffee.
It was so good. I will say though, I was majorly brain fogged after eating this. Like. Need to crawl into bed and take a nap. Darn it! Sometimes with intuitive eating you don’t WANT to notice how certain things make you feel. Ha!
Lunch: When I got home a bit later I heated up the last of the leftover kale soup for Marco and I and it totally rejuvenated my energy. After lunch, I headed out to the gym to get some movement in.
When I got home I was ready for more food so I had a small bowl of barley/chicken salad that I made from the Healthyish cookbook that I’ve been sharing about lately!
Do you guys like when I simply tag the cookbook so you can get it for yourself? Or do you want more details on these meals? In case you want more details…
Inside this salad: cooked barley, cooked/chopped chicken (added this myself outside of the recipe), thinly sliced radishes and cucumber, corn, feta, olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper. Yum!
Dinner: for dinner my friend Nichole came over and we both made chicken and wild rice soup. She made a pot for the week at her house and I made one for the week at mine. SO fun to cook together!
You. Guys. THIS SOUP. So good! I’ll share how we made it! It’s a longer recipe than I normally share but SO FRIGGIN’ worth the wait. And fun to make!
- In a large pot (or Dutch Oven if you have one!) heat 1 tbsp of butter and dump in one container of soup starter from Trader Joes (it’s about 1 C chopped celery, 1 C chopped onion, 1 C chopped carrots). Cook for 5 minutes
- Add one container of organic chicken broth and 3/4 C of wild rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add 1.5 lbs of chopped chicken (fresh), cover, simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Next, in a small bowl combine 2 tbsp butter with 2 tbsp all purpose flour (I used the GF one at TJ’s) to make a smooth paste. Stir the flour mixture into the soup. Stir it up until it’s fully mixed.
- Add a small container of organic half and half (about 2 C) and stir until heated through (medium heat).
- Season with salt and pepper and add half a bag (a regular salad bag sized – I’m not sure the exact measurement!) of
tuscankale. Cover and let sit over low heat for 10 minutes.
- ENJOYYYY and literally have the best soup of your
I cannot WAIT to eat this soup again for lunch today. I hope you enjoyed this weeks eats! Tell me what you’re going to try!
I’m off to Tahoe to spend some quality time with Marco and Abby (it’s my husbands “weekend” today (he works on the actual weekend) so I’m headed out early from work.
Love to you all!