Good morning everyone!
5:45 Early morning walk
7:00 Green Smoothie
12:00 Vegetarian Chili
Look at that! Nice and chunky. Filling without the meat 🙂
And one important thing… you cannot skip the Cilantro! So yummy!
The recipe is re-used. I posted it once before, but it had to recreated 🙂 This one is even more simple!
- 2 cups precooked red beans (kidney, chili, or pinto) – I used a can of Kidney
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 container soup starter that has diced carrots, celery, and onion (from TJ’s)
- 1 tbsp. Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 1/4 cup bulgar wheat – I used the 14-minute one from Trader Joe’s
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning (I just love this flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- In a medium sized soup pot, saute garlic, and soup starter ingredients for 2-3 minutes on medium heat
- Add chopped bell pepper and all remaining ingredients. Cover, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning for your taste. Add more chili powder, cumin, or soy sauce to your liking.
- You can serve in individual bowl garnished with chopped raw onion, and cilantro. I didn’t have any onion because I used it in the soup 🙂
Serving Suggestion from Author: “When a whole grain (bulgar wheat [or brown rice]) and bean are combined they offer a complete protein, so no additional protein is needed. Serve with a fresh green salad or fresh steamed broccoli. Cornbread would be a wonderful addition to this hearty chili…”
Directly after my Chili, I wanted something with fat in it, and then I wanted something sweet. This is typically how the week before my period is. Neediness: healthy fats & fruits, snacking between meals, and a little bit extra sleep.
At 4:00 I ate something small because I knew I’d be working until 7 non-stop, and then would be heading straight to the Gym. I had a little tide-me-over meal of Quinoa & Chicken. This was easy, packed with protein, and already cooked 🙂
7:30 GYM I did my Weight Lifting Routine (when you click the link, ignore everything about Calories – I’m not focused on counting anything whatsoever. I am only focusing on the 12-Week Weightlifting Routine at the bottom of this article).
8:50 LATE dinner! After the Gym, Marco and I were both so hungry. Since I had a Green Smoothie for breakfast, I wanted eggs & toast for dinner. Yum! This was so good to have at dinner time 🙂
I went to bed shortly after, 10:30, and felt completely fine when I woke up. Didn’t feel like I had food sitting in my belly all night 🙂
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day! Make the Chili! It’s so good, so cozy, and so comforting and warm. Ah, yum! I’m going to have a bit more in a few hours 🙂